2023 Downtown Revitalization Kick-Off Meeting: Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Tuesday, May 07, 2024

Main News Photo
The Project is estimated to cost $535,000. Funding for this Project includes a State of Nebraska Department of Economic Development Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) in the amount of $435,000 including $25,000 for general administration and $10,000 for construction management. The remaining $100,000 of the budget, matching funds of $58,750 will be provided by the City from their general fund, and matching funds of $41,250 will come from businesses selected for award. Of this amount, Project costs of $235,000 are planned for public infrastructure improvements (sidewalks) and $165,000 is planned for commercial rehabilitation improvements.
 
Sidewalk Improvements include 5 blocks of sidewalk upgrades for Stone Street, encompassing areas on both the east and west sides between 18th and 19th, 15th and 16th, and the west side between 14th and 15th Streets, with a total area of approximately 0.84 acres) (the Project).
 
The City plans to award funds to at least six (6) currently operating private commercial businesses. Eligible business will apply to the City to receive funds to reimburse seventy-five percent (75%) of the costs of completing eligible fa├žade improvements and/or corrections of municipal code violations, with the remaining twenty-five percent (25%) being provided by the business applicant. Eligible businesses are privately owned, for-profit commercial business that operate in the within the designated downtown boundaries for the Project.
 
Comprehensive guidance on eligible businesses and activities, the application process, funding details, and other regulatory considerations will be made publicly available by the City at a project kick-off meeting to be held at 6:00PM on May 22nd at 2307 Barada St, Falls City, NE 68355. Following the meeting, the application materials will be available to any interested parties at the same location or by visiting the City website at fallscitynebraska.org.

Category: Announcements, Community, Downtown, News