Deposits and Fees
- $200.00/All Electric homes
The total deposit of $250.00 will be returned to the utility account after two (2) continuous years of payments being made by the 15th of each month. Interest is not paid on residential deposits.
Commercial and Industrial Deposits
- Cash Deposit – Equal to two times the average monthly bill over the last 24 month period OR one and one-half times the largest monthly bill, whichever is greater. If no reasonable amount can be established on past usage, an amount will be set by the Utility Department.
- Security Bond – Two times the highest bill over the last twelve month period. If no reasonable amount can be established on past usage, an amount will be set by the Utility Department.
- Irrevocable Commercial Letter of Credit – Two times the highest bill over the last twelve month period. Customers may also use the City of Falls City Irrevocable Commercial Letter of Credit document provided by the Utility Department and subject to final approval by the Utility Department.
All commercial deposits are kept for the life of the business. Cash deposits are paid interest at the rate of .025%.
- $15.00 / to do meter readings on active utilities and set up new account.
- $40.00 / to turn on all utilities at one time and to set up new account.
- $15.00/Electric and Water only turn on
- $25.00/Gas only turn on
- 5%/This is applied to the outstanding balance as of the date following the due date on the bills.
- $50.00 ($100.00 after hours) A “Service Disconnect” notice is sent to all past due accounts stating the final date that payment must be made in order to avoid disconnection. Any payment received after 5:00 pm of the final due date on the disconnection notice will pay the disconnection fee. This charge, the unpaid bill and applicable deposit must be paid when service has been disconnected.
Find a Home for these Pets
Please visit the website of The Humane Society of Richardson County to see the animals available for adoption. Homes are urgently needed! Click here to learn more.
Brownville Concert Series
The mission of the Concert Series is to bring professional live performance to Southeast Nebraska. The program is varied and includes classical instrumental, Cabaret performances based on the American Songbook, Jazz (instrumental and vocal), Rock and Roll, Bluegrass, Vocal Recital, Opera and a specially commissioned Christmas Gala. Learn More
Famous Falls Cityans
Magicians, atheletes, artists and governors all once called Falls City their. Learn more about famous Falls Cityans by clicking here.