Local Transit System
Since 1994, the Richardson County Transit (402.245.3664)has been serving the transportation needs of residents in Richardson County. They are only a phone call away at 402.245.3664 to schedule a ride or to inquire about rates. All rides are by advance appointment only. Service includes:
- Within Falls City Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 3:00 pm.
- Between communities, by advance appointment, using the following schedule:
- Wednesday, 8:45 am, leave Falls City and provide service from Barada, Shubert, Stella and Verdon.
- Wednesday, 10:30 am, leave Falls City and provide service from Rulo and Preston.
- Wednesday, 1 pm, leave Falls City and provide return service to Barada, Shubert, Stella and Verdon.
- Wednesday, 1:30 pm, leave Falls City and provide return service to Rulo and Preston.
- Thursday, 8:45 am, leave Falls City and provide service from Verdon, Dawson, Humboldt and Salem.
- Thursday, 1 pm, leave Falls City and provide return service to Verdon, Dawson, Humboldt and Salem.
- Service to Lincoln, first and third Tuesdays with four or more riders or one medical.
- Service to Omaha, second and fourth Tuesdays with four or more riders or one medical.
- Highway bus service available
- 2 federal highways serving city
- 2 state highways serving city
- City is NOT within one mile of an interstate highway interchange
- Names of nearest interstate highways: I-29; I-80; I-70
- Distance to nearest interstate interchange: 25 miles
Motor freight carriers serving community:
- Interstate carriers: 6
- Intrastate carriers: 2
Time in transit for carload or truckload lots to (city days by railroad/motor freight):
- Chicago (4/2)
- Dallas (3/2)
- Denver (4/1)
- Kansas City (1/1)
- Los Angeles (5/3)
- Minneapolis (3/2)
- New York (5/2)
- St. Louis (2/1)
- Distance to nearest public airport: 1 mile
- Elevation: 991 feet
- Type of runway: Hard surface
- Length of longest runway: 4,200 feet
- Runway lighted: Yes
- Private aircraft storage available: Yes
- Private aircraft maintenance available: Yes
Location of air transportation:
- Kansas City International Airport: 91 miles
- Omaha Eppley Airfield: 107 miles
- Names of airlines serving: Air Canada, American, American West, Delta, Delta Express, Frontier, Midwest Express, Northwest, Southwest, United, US Airways, US Airways Express.
- City does NOT adjoin navigable river
- Distance to nearest barge dock: 14 miles
- Community served by railroad
- Distance to nearest loading point: 0 miles (grain)
- Number of freight train trips per day: 5* (does not include coal trains)
- No functional piggy back ramp available
- Distance to nearest piggy back ramp service: 100 miles
- Names of railroads: Burlington Nortdern Santa Fe, Union Pacific Railroad