Local Transit System
Since 1994, the Richardson County Transit (402.245.3664)has been serving the transportation needs of residents in Richardson County. They are only a phone call away at 402.245.3664 to schedule a ride or to inquire about rates. All rides are by advance appointment only. Service includes:
- Within Falls City Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 3:00 pm.
- Between communities, by advance appointment, using the following schedule:
- Wednesday, 8:45 am, leave Falls City and provide service from Barada, Shubert, Stella and Verdon.
- Wednesday, 10:30 am, leave Falls City and provide service from Rulo and Preston.
- Wednesday, 1 pm, leave Falls City and provide return service to Barada, Shubert, Stella and Verdon.
- Wednesday, 1:30 pm, leave Falls City and provide return service to Rulo and Preston.
- Thursday, 8:45 am, leave Falls City and provide service from Verdon, Dawson, Humboldt and Salem.
- Thursday, 1 pm, leave Falls City and provide return service to Verdon, Dawson, Humboldt and Salem.
- Service to Lincoln, first and third Tuesdays with four or more riders or one medical.
- Service to Omaha, second and fourth Tuesdays with four or more riders or one medical.
- Highway bus service available
- 2 federal highways serving city
- 2 state highways serving city
- City is NOT within one mile of an interstate highway interchange
- Names of nearest interstate highways: I-29; I-80; I-70
- Distance to nearest interstate interchange: 25 miles
Motor freight carriers serving community:
- Interstate carriers: 6
- Intrastate carriers: 2
Time in transit for carload or truckload lots to (city days by railroad/motor freight):
- Chicago (4/2)
- Dallas (3/2)
- Denver (4/1)
- Kansas City (1/1)
- Los Angeles (5/3)
- Minneapolis (3/2)
- New York (5/2)
- St. Louis (2/1)
- Distance to nearest public airport: 1 mile
- Elevation: 991 feet
- Type of runway: Hard surface
- Length of longest runway: 4,200 feet
- Runway lighted: Yes
- Private aircraft storage available: Yes
- Private aircraft maintenance available: Yes
Location of air transportation:
- Kansas City International Airport: 91 miles
- Omaha Eppley Airfield: 107 miles
- Names of airlines serving: Air Canada, American, American West, Delta, Delta Express, Frontier, Midwest Express, Northwest, Southwest, United, US Airways, US Airways Express.
- City does NOT adjoin navigable river
- Distance to nearest barge dock: 14 miles
- Community served by railroad
- Distance to nearest loading point: 0 miles (grain)
- Number of freight train trips per day: 5* (does not include coal trains)
- No functional piggy back ramp available
- Distance to nearest piggy back ramp service: 100 miles
- Names of railroads: Burlington Nortdern Santa Fe, Union Pacific Railroad
Find a Home for these Pets
Please visit the website of The Humane Society of Richardson County to see the animals available for adoption. Homes are urgently needed! Click here to learn more.
Brownville Concert Series
The mission of the Concert Series is to bring professional live performance to Southeast Nebraska. The program is varied and includes classical instrumental, Cabaret performances based on the American Songbook, Jazz (instrumental and vocal), Rock and Roll, Bluegrass, Vocal Recital, Opera and a specially commissioned Christmas Gala. Learn More
Famous Falls Cityans
Magicians, atheletes, artists and governors all once called Falls City their. Learn more about famous Falls Cityans by clicking here.