Prichard Auditorium is continually referred to as “the jewel of Southeast Nebraska.” In the year 2000, a $1.5 million renovation was completed to include many upgrades to the facility. This exceptional sports, exposition, cultural, and performing arts facility is the location of choice for most of the major events that occur in Falls City, Southeast Nebraska, and the three-state region.
The community’s most used public building, Prichard Auditorium was built in the 1930′s after Laura L. Prichard donated funds as a memorial to husband Leander C. Prichard. The community matched funds and Prichard Auditorium was built by the WPA program. The Building’s exterior consists of 2,000 tons of native limestone from Richardson County.
The facility currently provides:
- Fully functioning kitchen and equipment for preparation of large meals
- Fully functioning concession stand
- A meeting room area
- Basketball and volleyball court
- Seating capacity for 2000
- Lighted stage and spotlight for performances
- Dressing rooms and locker rooms
- Sports and performance equipment
- Tables, coat racks, and chairs
Prichard Auditorium hosts (to name a few):
- Sacred Heart and Falls City Public School System Basketball and Volleyball practices, games and district tournaments
- Community Adult Basketball and Volleyball team matches
- Youth Wrestling meets and tournaments
- Various sporting events and camps
- Benefits and Community Banquets
- Holiday programs, cultural presentations and musical performances
- Walkers during the hours of 8:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. Monday through Friday
- Wedding Receptions and Prom and After-Prom Parties
- Toy, Farm & Home Shows and other various expos
- Red Cross Bloodmobiles
- Revenue Producing Function: $200.00/day + 15% of gate fees (excludes schools and non-profits)
- Non-revenue Function: $125.00/day
- School Practices: $10.00/hour
- Town Sports: $20.00/every 2 hours
- Birthday Parties: $20.00/every 2 hours
- City take down tables and chairs: $100.00
- Custodian Rates (if on duty during event): $40.00/hr.
- Refundable Deposit (at discretion of City Administrator): $100.00
- Refundable Deposit for events w/alcohol: $200.00
- Set up/Clean up Day: $150.00 per day
- Day of Event with no alcohol: $200.00
- Day of Event with alcohol: $300.00
- Garbage Disposal Fee: $75.00
- Concession Area Only $25.00/day
- Concession Area w/Kitchen $40.00/day
Prichard Auditorium is located at 17th and Barada Street, Falls City, Nebraska. For more information, driving directions, or to rent the auditorium facilitiy, please contact the City Hall at 402.245.2851 between the hours of 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday through Friday.
Find a Home for these Pets
Please visit the website of The Humane Society of Richardson County to see the animals available for adoption. Homes are urgently needed! Click here to learn more.
Brownville Concert Series
The mission of the Concert Series is to bring professional live performance to Southeast Nebraska. The program is varied and includes classical instrumental, Cabaret performances based on the American Songbook, Jazz (instrumental and vocal), Rock and Roll, Bluegrass, Vocal Recital, Opera and a specially commissioned Christmas Gala. Learn More
Famous Falls Cityans
Magicians, atheletes, artists and governors all once called Falls City their. Learn more about famous Falls Cityans by clicking here.