what's happening in falls city!


Get Permission Before You Demo « Back to Search Results

Did you know that you need a city permit to demolish a structure on your property? Whether it is a house, shed, barn or other structure, a demolition permit is required to get started. You can apply for one with the Municipal Clerk. Contact the city office when demolishing a building for the code requirements before demolition starts. If a property is going to be moved, the process is more complicated because the route needs to be approved ahead of time.

The application to the Clerk needs to include the address of the building being moved or dismantled along with the route and equipment that will be used. A surety bond, check or cash, in the amount of $5,000 or more will need to then be deposited with the Municipal Clerk. This is to ensure that no damage is done to someone else’s property during the demolition or transportation of said building. If everything is completed without damage, that money is returned, minus any permitting fees.

You can learn more about the requirements here.

Find a Home for these Pets

Please visit the website of The Humane Society of Richardson County to see the animals available for adoption. Homes are urgently needed! Click here to learn more.

Brownville Concert Series

The mission of the Concert Series is to bring professional live performance to Southeast Nebraska. The program is varied and includes classical instrumental, Cabaret performances based on the American Songbook, Jazz (instrumental and vocal), Rock and Roll, Bluegrass, Vocal Recital, Opera and a specially commissioned Christmas Gala. Learn More

Famous Falls Cityans

Magicians, atheletes, artists and governors all once called Falls City their. Learn more about famous Falls Cityans by clicking here.